– Getting used to the giant-sized Thumb
– Trying to hit the N more ofte … rats
– Sorting and packing: bookcases are empty, pix are down
– Very old friend stayed for 24 hours – lots of chatting – welcome respite from the boxes!
– BRILLIANT NEWS TODAY … Serena (and her daughter, little Tila) – remember them ? She’s been seeking right to remain after being trafficked to this country. Well the Home Office have reviewed all the evidence and are likely to give her 3 years, after which she must re-apply.
So she will have to move, but doesn’t own any furniture – so I asked her if she wanted some of ours (most of it came from British Heart Foundation) – she was so excited you would think she’d won the lottery. ‘I’ve been praying so much for a bed’, she said …
And Tila (who was an elective mute) is now talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for Madame Thumb … she thinks that just because she’s had An Operation she can lie on her daybed all day like the Empress Josephine and Receive Visitors and talk in Low Tones about Her Operation. She’s even offered to show a favoured few Her Scar
Hmph. Time to take her down a peg or two … tip up the daybed ??
(PS pic is not my hand, alas )