This is a question posed by a friend of mine, and here are some of the suggestions made by others:
- glance at her/his ticket, then shout the name of their destination station in a loud nasal voice
- Check out all the ring tones on your phone at maximum volume….
- if it’s you, you crawl under the seat with your face burning!
- ’excuse me, could I use your socket to recharge my phone’. It’s your only legitimate call to wake them up (and they’ll thank you – probably)
- start using his laptop …
- shave his eyebrows
- Sacrifice some of your now lukewarm tea or coffee to see if they can gargle.
I’d love to hear yours!